Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sharing Picture Vocabulary created with Read&Write Chrome Extension

I have not received any compensation from textHELP, the creators of Read and Write Chrome Extension but I am grateful that they are currently offering this extension for FREE! I am sure I will find many uses for this extension but the one I am currently most excited about is picture vocabulary.  Given it is an extension it can be added to the personal accounts of students and with minimal training given to students and parents used over the summer vacation to increase and maintain vocabulary.  As I was creating a document for a student I realized that the document I created could be used by many more students if I shared my work.  Others can copy and make edits as needed.  No added work for me in sharing and if others shared their picture vocabulary lass work for me.  This led me to publish the Picture Vocabulary document 
to allow for the sharing of picture vocabulary created with Read and Write Chrome Extension. This is a great tool that works with google docs.  If you do not have it, get it now.  If you need help creating your own watch the following video:



Creating Picture Vocabulary with Read and Write Chrome Extension



After you have created a picture vocabulary list share with me at kurtis.broeg@gmail.com and I will add it to the list and please visit my Assistive Technology page.

No comments:

Post a Comment